About Me

My photo
We are Hollie and Tayson Lewis. We just recently moved to Freedom, Wyoming. We are still getting used to the change, but we are really liking it. We have been married 4 1/2 years now. Tayson works for Silverstar Communications. I am a stay at home wife and domestic goddess. I am a piano teacher, but no new students yet, hopefully soon.

Friday, May 27, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

Well, after almost 4 years I have finished reading that book series The Work and The Glory. I recommend it to everyone. It is a long series, but it teaches so much about the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As I finished reading the 9th volume today, sitting in my bedroom upstairs. I was looking out the window at the beautiful mountains that surround the Star Valley of Wyoming. I thought of all the amenities that we enjoy in this day and age. We can easily get to and from our different destinations in a matter of hours...if not minutes. We have all the food we need right close at hand. We can do our laundry in the comfort of our own homes, while watching a movie, or reading. We can have meals ready in a matter of minutes. We can take warm showers everyday. When we live far from family we can call them and talk to them. We can sit and talk with them at our computers as if we were face to face. I could go on and on about all the comforts we have as members and non-members alike. Our ancestors that have gone before us, and the leaders of the Church that sacraficed so much, made all that we have possible. We need to forever be living in an attitude of gratitude for the many blessings we enjoy. We should be proud to be members of the true Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. To be able to say that we are Latter-Day saints...we are linked to those people that sacraficed so much to be able to gather in the Salt Lake Valley, and then branch out to all the other beautiful places in the United States. I know the church is true, and we truly are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment